Intel c186 Family Compiler Question

"Colvin" <>
7 Dec 2002 20:06:36 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Intel c186 Family Compiler Question (Colvin) (2002-12-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Colvin" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 7 Dec 2002 20:06:36 -0500
Posted-Date: 07 Dec 2002 20:06:36 EST

I'm an engineering student at Ohio State University, and I'm working
with a small group of other students to build a small robotics
microcontroller. We're using the Intel 80c196nt chip.

The microcontroller is going to server as feature-improved version of
the Handyboard from MIT.

My question is if any of you could suggest a compiler for development
use on this project. We're going to have to implment a small
scripting language on the controller to prevent any licensing issues
with distributing user code. I'm hoping for a relativel full-fleged C
compiler, but since I have little experience in the embedded market,
I'm a little unsure about the offerings. What do you guys think?

Jeff M