grammar and compiler testing

"asimeerza" <>
3 Dec 2002 00:45:45 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
grammar and compiler testing (asimeerza) (2002-12-03)
Re: grammar and compiler testing (Roman Shaposhnick) (2002-12-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "asimeerza" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Dec 2002 00:45:45 -0500
Posted-Date: 03 Dec 2002 00:45:45 EST

Hi All

Can You Please Suggest

How To Test The Correctness And Completeness Of Grammar?
How To Test Compiler Components (Lexical Analyzer, Parser, Code

Any Specific Testing Techniques/Tool For The Above Tasks?

I'll Be Very Thankful For Yer Valuable Suggestions And Coments

Thanks And Regards

[I test them separately by building little test harnesses, e.g. a main
program that calls the lexer repeatedly and dumps out the tokens it
finds. Once the pieces start to work, I do a lot of regression testing
with input files and known translations. -John]