|Manipulate debug info in ELF file firstname.lastname@example.org (Adwait Sathe) (2002-11-12)|
|Re: Manipulate debug info in ELF file email@example.com (VBDis) (2002-11-13)|
|From:||"Adwait Sathe" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date:||12 Nov 2002 14:14:33 -0500|
|Keywords:||debug, question, linker|
|Posted-Date:||12 Nov 2002 14:14:33 EST|
The single step debugger we use has a size limitation of 260 MB. We
are facing problems with corrupt symbol tables as our *.ou1 file is
bigger than 260 MB. We cannot event strip the debug info from our
I am trying to remove selected debug records from ELF file and create
a new file that we can use to create *.ou1. This is what I did.
1. Parse .debug section( It's in Dwarf V1 format).
2. Process DW_TAG_COMPILE_UNIT tag. and look for source file name.
3. Remove the record if debug info for that file in not required.
4. Remove corresponding entry from .debug_srcinfo and .line sections.
5. Update line offset in .debug_srcinfo.
6. Update attributes associated with DW_TAG_COMPILE_UNIT viz.
DW_AT_STMT_LIST for line info offset and 0x8106 ( I couldn't see any
attributes defined for this in dwarf.h)for source offset.
I still get errors while running fromelf(Diab). Can someone please
help me out with this. Am I doing the right thing?
Thanks in advance,
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.