backend question

"Martin Doering" <>
12 Nov 2002 14:14:18 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
backend question (Martin Doering) (2002-11-12)
Re: backend question (Diego Novillo) (2002-11-13)
Re: backend question (Hannah Schroeter) (2002-11-13)
Re: backend question (Fergus Henderson) (2002-11-13)
Re: backend question (Joachim Durchholz) (2002-11-13)
Re: backend question (2002-11-17)
Re: backend question (Joachim Durchholz) (2002-11-20)
[15 later articles]
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Martin Doering" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 12 Nov 2002 14:14:18 -0500
Posted-Date: 12 Nov 2002 14:14:17 EST

If I would like to write a native compiler for a toy language (just
for my personal interest), the hardest thing for me is to generate
code for a specific processor in the end. So my question is, if I
could skip this last step by just using some well know intermediate

For Minix there is a amsterdam compiler kit, which seems to provide
something like this. Are there others? And is there something like
this not too huge in size? I just want to play around a bit. Yes, and
it should be free...

Martin Doering
[These days the most popular intermediate format is C. -John]