sdf2 question

"Robert Shelton" <>
6 Nov 2002 11:45:06 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
sdf2 question (Robert Shelton) (2002-11-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Robert Shelton" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 6 Nov 2002 11:45:06 -0500
Posted-Date: 06 Nov 2002 11:45:05 EST

I'm developing using sdf2 and sglr and now trying to
understand the abiguities in my grammar. At the moment
I'm trying to understand the output of the Vis-amb tool.

I'm getting lines like:

I understand this is completely out of context, but I get
the feeling that I'm inserting empty layout rules in various
places and this is cause ambiguities. My Layout rules are
defined as:

[\059] ~[\n\013]* [\n\013] -> LAYOUT
[\ \t\n\013] -> LAYOUT

which with ascii codes replaced looks like:

[;] ~[\n\r]* [\n\r] -> LAYOUT
[\ \t\n\r] -> LAYOUT

I also set the lexical restrictions (ascii replace):

lexical restrictions
IntConst NumConst -/- [0-9]
Ident -/- [a-zA-Z\_0-9]
LAYOUT? -/- [\ \t\n\r]

The line beginning with ";" determines a comment in the csound language and I
include '\r' and '\n' to handle dos files. I'm really new to this but
interested in what anyone has to say.

Thanks all (and sorry about the long post)