Java Byte Code

"blademonkey" <gazz55@hotmail.com>
18 Oct 2002 23:28:56 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Java Byte Code gazz55@hotmail.com (blademonkey) (2002-10-18)
Re: Java Byte Code liekweg@ipd.info.uni-karlsruhe.de (F. Liekweg) (2002-10-20)
Re: Java Byte Code ftu@fi.ruu.nl (Dick Wesseling) (2002-10-25)
Re: Java Byte Code jimbo@radiks.net (Jim Lawless) (2002-10-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "blademonkey" <gazz55@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Oct 2002 23:28:56 -0400
Posted-Date: 18 Oct 2002 23:28:56 EDT

Hi,

can anyone recommend a good book on the workings of Java Byte Code and
the Virtual Machine? This is why...

Im doing my final year project at uni, and for this i have to convert
a simple assembly language (PL/T p-code) into Java Byte Code - that's
the easy part.

BUT, i Have Also Been Asked To Run The Resultant java byte code And
Also Package The Execution Results. I've done a little research into
how the JVM works, and from what i can see all the interpretation is
done within the JVM, where i have no access (??) How could i 'catch'
the execution details and package them myself? I don't know whether to
do this project in VB 6.0 or to use Java. Any suggestions??

Cheers,
Gareth