Relaunching of the VCG, the GNUVCG

"Michael DuPont" <>
18 Oct 2002 23:23:08 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Relaunching of the VCG, the GNUVCG (Michael DuPont) (2002-10-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Michael DuPont" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Oct 2002 23:23:08 -0400
Posted-Date: 18 Oct 2002 23:23:08 EDT

Dear All,

After many fights with the Uni. of Saarland, nasty letters and all
that, we have now gotten a copy of the unuglified sources to vcg.

Stallmann and Greve have helped on this issue and said that legal said
to go ahead with the publishing.

I have just registered a project gnuvcg at savannah, awaiting approval
and will be patching the debian
version vcg 1.30-3 first.

Please send me any patches you have for this tool, I will be
taking over the maintence as needed.

I intend to create a generic layout component out of this and embed it
in the GNOME DIA tool for layouting.

Also I intend on linking the GUI directly into the gcc to avoid using
intermediate xml files. That is part of the

That will allow for a High-speed interactive visualization of
compiler information.

I will keep you informed if you are interested,
please send me a mail or visit the project page for joining the mailling list,