Producing Power aware code

"K.Shyam" <kshyam@sasken.com>
13 Oct 2002 16:04:35 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Producing Power aware code kshyam@sasken.com (K.Shyam) (2002-10-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "K.Shyam" <kshyam@sasken.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 Oct 2002 16:04:35 -0400
Posted-Date: 13 Oct 2002 16:04:35 EDT

Hi;
I have come across some articles in the following sites regarding producing
power aware code :
1. http://cselab.snu.ac.kr/course/csd99/paper/paper.html
2. http://www.ece.northwestern.edu/cpdc/PACT/PACT.html

This pursuit is purely a personal research intrest and nothing commercial.

A search on google revelaed that some work is in progress to modify gcc such
that it produces power aware code.However the link has gone dead.
Particulary what i am intrested is in the following :
If some modification is done to gcc to produce power aware code for a
particular embedded processor then all PDA's that run linux would
definitely become more powerful.

Can someone give me some hints in this direction ?

Thanks
K.Shyam