Re: Tutorial on Regular Expressions in Java1.4

"linergy" <bhauman@cs.wcu.edu>
19 Sep 2002 01:25:45 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Tutorial on Regular Expressions in Java1.4 vikramasanjeeva@hotmail.com (Vikrama Sanjeeva) (2002-09-08)
Re: Tutorial on Regular Expressions in Java1.4 bhauman@cs.wcu.edu (linergy) (2002-09-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "linergy" <bhauman@cs.wcu.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 19 Sep 2002 01:25:45 -0400
Posted-Date: 19 Sep 2002 01:25:45 EDT

The problem with regex in java is that you have to further escape each
'/' with yet another. This results in absolutly unintelligable regular
expressions. I suggest that you look to the Java API under the Pattern
and Matcher classes.

When you find that it is very difficult to produce intelligable RE, a
good idea would be to write a program to convert unescaped REs to the
escaped vesrsion that Java needs.

"Vikrama Sanjeeva" <vikramasanjeeva@hotmail.com> wrote