[DWARF2] CFA in variable location expression

"Fred RISS" <frederic.riss@libertysurf.fr>
4 Aug 2002 11:41:19 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
[DWARF2] CFA in variable location expression frederic.riss@libertysurf.fr (Fred RISS) (2002-08-04)
Re: [DWARF2] CFA in variable location expression velco@fadata.bg (Momchil Velikov) (2002-08-10)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Fred RISS" <frederic.riss@libertysurf.fr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 4 Aug 2002 11:41:19 -0400
Posted-Date: 04 Aug 2002 11:41:19 EDT

Hello,

I hope to post my question on the correct group. If it's not the case,
please direct me to a more relevant one.

I'm looking for a way for a compiler to build a DWARF information that
indicates a data storage located at a constant offset from the current
CFA. I don't see such a feature in the standard.

Here's some context : during a function prolog, many pushes are done
to save registers. For the moment, the compiler references arguments
with an offset from stack pointer, but he must emit a new location
information for each push in the prolog. It would be very convenient
to say instead "Arg1 is at offset x from the current CFA". As the CFA
is constant during the function, this declaration would be sufficient
during register save.

If someone has another idea...

--
Fred