Position of an Intermediate Code Generator

"Chris Rowland" <dirkduck2@hotmail.com>
15 Jul 2002 23:53:59 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Position of an Intermediate Code Generator dirkduck2@hotmail.com (Chris Rowland) (2002-07-15)
Re: Position of an Intermediate Code Generator torbenm@diku.dk (Torben Ægidius Mogensen) (2002-07-21)
Re: Position of an Intermediate Code Generator hannah@schlund.de (Hannah Schroeter) (2002-07-21)
Re: Position of an Intermediate Code Generator marcov@toad.stack.nl (Marco van de Voort) (2002-07-31)
Re: Position of an Intermediate Code Generator pfroehli@ics.uci.edu (Peter H. Froehlich) (2002-08-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Chris Rowland" <dirkduck2@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Jul 2002 23:53:59 -0400
Posted-Date: 15 Jul 2002 23:53:59 EDT

Hello everyone. Im working on my first compiler, basing it off what
I've learned/am learning from "Compilers: Principles Techniques and
Tools". So far I have a fairly good grasp I'd say, and have layed a
foundation for a lexical analizer and parser. Now im at the state
that I'd like to add a basic intermediate code generator. The book
seems to explain about the subject a bit, but I havn't found where to
actually put it. For instance, would I want to generate intermediate
(3 adress most likely) code during the parsing, after, or some other
time? Thanks for any help.