help on LaTTe JVM

"Rohit" <>
13 Jun 2002 21:07:40 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
help on LaTTe JVM (Rohit) (2002-06-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Rohit" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 Jun 2002 21:07:40 -0400
Posted-Date: 13 Jun 2002 21:07:40 EDT

    I was looking at the LATTE 0.9.1 sources. I was a little confused
about the following situation, and was wondering if someone could
enlighten me. Let me explain:
  Suppose the user java program creates multiple threads. I find in the
latte code that each thread context has a stack associated where it
keeps the stack frames for that thread. I am however not able to find
the code which does the following: before executing the current stack
frame for the thread, i need to set my stack pointer, frame pointer
etc to the sp and the fp in the thread's stack(so that whenever I
alloc a new object etc, the corresponding entries are set up
automatically in the thread's stack frame). Could you please tell me
where (which file or at what point/stage) this is done?
thanks in advance,