Re: Wanted: XML/HTML Parser/Generator Library

"Ira Baxter" <idbaxter@semdesigns.com>
27 May 2002 01:19:25 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Wanted: XML/HTML Parser/Generator Library aarongray@beeb.net (Aaron Gray) (2002-05-13)
RE: Wanted: XML/HTML Parser/Generator Library qjackson@shaw.ca (Quinn Tyler Jackson) (2002-05-17)
Re: Wanted: XML/HTML Parser/Generator Library kvinay@ip.eth.net (Vinay Kakade) (2002-05-17)
Re: Wanted: XML/HTML Parser/Generator Library idbaxter@semdesigns.com (Ira Baxter) (2002-05-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Ira Baxter" <idbaxter@semdesigns.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 May 2002 01:19:25 -0400
Posted-Date: 27 May 2002 01:19:25 EDT

> > I am also interested in generation of XML and of HTML, I know this is a
> > trivial case, but a library that did both parsing and generation of
> > either would be nice.

One way to achieve small footprint, fast validating XML parsers is to
treat the DTD definition as a grammar specification and simply
generate a one-off parser for it, that also collects the data into
native-target-language structures for easy/fast access. It is quite
easy to further generate an XML generator from such data. (We've done
this with our DMS Software Reengineering Toolkit for Java and COBOL).

The obvious extension is do this for Schemas.
Well, one project at a time :-}
--
Ira Baxter, Ph.D. CTO Semantic Designs
www.semdesigns.com 512-250-1018