Re: Operator overloading spec document

Christian DELBE <delbec@clio.unice.fr>
23 May 2002 01:47:05 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Operator overloading spec document abbottk@earthlink.net (2002-05-08)
Re: Operator overloading spec document kgw-news@stiscan.com (2002-05-12)
Re: Operator overloading spec document s.moleski@student.tcu.edu (Sebastian Moleski) (2002-05-12)
Re: Operator overloading spec document delbec@clio.unice.fr (Christian DELBE) (2002-05-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Christian DELBE <delbec@clio.unice.fr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 23 May 2002 01:47:05 -0400
Posted-Date: 23 May 2002 01:47:05 EDT

Kirk Abbott a écrit :

> I am trying to implement operator overloading in a Java extension. I
> am trying to find any document with formal details on operator
> overloading. In particular issues such as type resolution, what would
> be the equivalent non-operator-overloaded code that is generated
> etc...
>
> Does anyone have any pointers?

Hi,

We are four french students at the University of Nice Sophia-Antipolis
in a Master of Computing Sciences. As a end of study project, we are
working on a specification for operator overloading in Java, and on
its implementation in the KJC Java Compiler.

You could find some links on our page
http://clio.unice.fr/~delbec/ter/ (sorry, it's in french for the
moment but we are working on the translation).

We are searching for "Proposal for Enhanced Numeric Programming
facilities in Java, Draft #3, March,16 1997" by Bill Joy, and, of
course, any other documents on this topic. And we will enjoy to share
informations with you. Our approach is similar to Borneo's approach
(see on our page), so if you have any comments...

Thank you.

Philippe, Charles-Félix, Christian et Yannis.