Compiler positions available for week ending May 12

compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
13 May 2002 01:05:10 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending May 12 compilers@iecc.com (2002-05-13)
Compiler positions available for week ending May 12 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1996-05-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 13 May 2002 01:05:10 -0400
Posted-Date: 13 May 2002 01:05:08 EDT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: Ginger Wolnik <gwolnik@sgi.com>
Subject: Compiler Job at SGI
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 14:38:47 -0700

Job Description:
Be a part of backend compiler team adding new optimizations for next
generation MIPS microprocessor. Add OpenMP 2.0 enabling functionality
to MIPSpro compiler back-end and/or runtime library. Maintain and
enhance multiprocess runtime library and loop nest optimizer to
improve runtime performance. Maintain and enhance automatic
parallelization tools.

Job Requirements:
MSCS or equivalent required, PhD or equivalent preferred. Professional
or academic experience in compiler back-end technology required. Focus
areas of loop nest optimization, data dependency analysis or
multiprocessor library development preferred.

About SGI:
SGI's compiler group is headquartered in Mtn. View, California, but
you could work out of our satellite offices in Hudson, Massachusetts
or Eagan, Minnesota.

I'm a software developer in the compiler group, not a professional
recruiter. I started at SGI in 2000 and this is a much better
company to work for than any of my previous employers in my 20 years
as an engineer. Here are some reasons to consider applying at SGI:

Balance of Life and Work
SGI is not a startup, if you want to have a life, this is the company
to work for. Flexible hours and telecommute options allow you to
maximize both your productivity and your free time. Hobbies and
outside interests are encouraged. Families are supported. The work
atmosphere is very casual and relaxed.

Respect
SGI has a corporate culture of real respect for people and their
privacy, eg. no drug testing or petty hourly job charge tracking.
Company rules and policies are minimal, employees are treated as
professionals and adults. Diversity is celebrated through company
organizations for many catagories of minorities and special interests.
There is open communication with management at all levels.

Salary and Benefits
Very competitive and includes a 6 week paid sabbatical every 4 years
in addition to the normal vacation! Relocation and starting bonuses
are available. There is good human support for HR issues, no
interminable voice mail trees or email black holes! Responsive
technical support also makes it easier to get your job done.

Outstanding Facilities
Engineers can choose between private offices or more open areas.
On-site fitness center and sports facilities make this campus feel
like a health club. The gourmet cafeteria has been featured on local
news segments and typifies how SGI wants to pamper their employees.
Some buildings have underground parking, a real plus during our rare
heat waves and winter rainy season, added security at all times.

Great Company with State of the Art Products
Company Fact Sheet:
http://www.sgi.com/newsroom/factsheet.html

Buy Low, Sell High
SGI stock is currently low but going up. It had the largest increase
of any NYSE stock in October!

If you are interested in applying, you can submit your resume through
the company website at http://www.sgi.com/ However, if you want to
make sure your resume gets directly to the hiring manager, send it to
me as text in an email message (no binary email attachments, please)
or reply privately if you want my FAX number.

Thank you,
Ginger Wolnik
Software Engineer
gwolnik@sgi.com