Re: Interpreter advice required

Per Bothner <>
8 May 2002 00:19:49 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Interpreter advice required (2002-04-29)
Re: Interpreter advice required (2002-05-03)
Re: Interpreter advice required (Per Bothner) (2002-05-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Per Bothner <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 May 2002 00:19:49 -0400
Posted-Date: 08 May 2002 00:19:49 EDT

James Willans wrote:
> I'm working on implementing an interpreter (in Java) for a small
> object-oriented prototype language (based on Abadi's and Cardelli's
> sigma calculus, but with a larger syntax). ...

You might consider using the Kawa toolkit. Kawa (no connection with
the now-defunct IDE) is best known as a Scheme implementation, but it
is also a toolkit for implementating higher-level languages and
compiling them on-the-fly to Java bytecodes.

Here is an article (not quite up-to-data, alas) on how Kawa works:

The general Kawa site:
--Per Bothner