Comparison of abstract machines

labra@pinon.ccu.uniovi.es (Jose Emilio Labra Gayo)
23 Apr 2002 23:47:07 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Comparison of abstract machines labra@pinon.ccu.uniovi.es (2002-04-23)
Re: Comparison of abstract machines p.terry@ru.ac.za (Pat Terry) (2002-04-24)
Re: Comparison of abstract machines mal@wyrd.be (Lieven Marchand) (2002-04-24)
Re: Comparison of abstract machines christian.bau@freeserve.co.uk (Christian Bau) (2002-04-24)
Re: Comparison of abstract machines parz@shaw.SpamBucket.ca (Parzival Herzog) (2002-04-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: labra@pinon.ccu.uniovi.es (Jose Emilio Labra Gayo)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 23 Apr 2002 23:47:07 -0400
Posted-Date: 23 Apr 2002 23:47:07 EDT

I am a teacher of a fourth year undergraduate course on language
processors which follows a classical structure (Aho et al.). This
year I was planning to give a short introduction to abstract machines
trying to present new (and famous) developments like the Java Virtual
Machine and Microsoft CLR in the context of older ones (like P-code,
etc.).

I would like to find some papers or resources that describe the
different types of abstract machines and/or papers that compare
classical abstract machines with new ones in a technical way. At this
moment most of the documentation I have found on JVM of CLR is like an
advertising campaign and I would prefer to be more impartial in the
course.

Best regards, Jose Labra