Re: Textbook Suggestions?

"Mikael 'Zayenz' Lagerkvist" <d00-mla@nada.kth.se>
19 Apr 2002 11:28:23 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Textbook Suggestions? smith@sjfc.edu (Smith, Doug) (2002-04-13)
Re: Textbook Suggestions? ppluzhnikov@earthlink.net (Paul Pluzhnikov) (2002-04-16)
Re: Textbook Suggestions? crwfrd@umich.edu (Randolph Crawford) (2002-04-16)
Re: Textbook Suggestions? d00-mla@nada.kth.se (Mikael 'Zayenz' Lagerkvist) (2002-04-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Mikael 'Zayenz' Lagerkvist" <d00-mla@nada.kth.se>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 19 Apr 2002 11:28:23 -0400
Posted-Date: 19 Apr 2002 11:28:23 EDT

On 13 Apr 2002, Smith, Doug wrote:
> looking for good text books on dataflow analysis that not only
> provide a descent description of the algorithm's), but also include
> a description of some of the suggested data structures to implement
> the dataflow analysis and perhaps even provide some working
> code. Right now the only book I have in this area is the second
> edition of the "Dragon Book".

You could take a look at:
"Program Flow Analysis, theory and applications"
Edited by Steven S. Muchnick and Neil D. Jones
Prentice Hall, 1981
ISBN: 0-13-729681-9

It's a collection of chapters written by different authors about
program flow analysis. It's more on the theoretical side, but the
pseudocode presented in the first introductory chapter is pretty
clear (it's Pascal-like with extensive use of basic set notations).

Regards
Mikael lagerkvist

Mikael 'Zayenz' Lagerkvist
Undergraduate Student