|Compiler positions available for week ending April 7 firstname.lastname@example.org (2002-04-07)|
|Compiler positions available for week ending April 7 email@example.com (1996-04-07)|
|Date:||7 Apr 2002 12:37:20 -0400|
|Posted-Date:||07 Apr 2002 12:37:20 EDT|
This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 17:06:20 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Franz Puntigam <email@example.com>
Subject: Professor at the Vienna University of Technology
The Vienna University of Technology invites applications for a
FULL PROFESSOR IN PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
at the Institute of Computer Languages.
The successful applicant is expected to represent the field of
programming languages in research and teaching, and is supposed to
show a strong commitment to teaching and an active participation in
the Bachelor's and Master's education in computer science. Candidates
should have an outstanding research record in at least one (preferably
in several) of the following areas:
* design and formal foundations of programming languages
* compiler construction
* program analysis and software verification
* domain specific languages (internet languages, XML-theory, web semantics)
The formal requirements for this position include:
- an appropriate academic degree
- an outstanding scientific record in research and teaching in the field
- pedagogic and didactic proficiency
- capability of leadership
- academic experience in the relevant field acquired abroad
- experience in practice
Deadline for applications: April 12, 2002.
The Vienna University of Technology intends to raise the proportion of women
in leading positions. Hence women are specifically encouraged to apply.
Applications including the usual documents should be sent to
Dekanat der Fakultät für Technische Naturwissenschaften und Informatik
A-1060 Wien, Austria
- The official announcement of the position (in German) is available
- Other useful web addresses include:
http://www.logic.at/e185.html (Institute of Computer Languages)
http://www.cs.tuwien.ac.at/index_e.html (Computer Science Department)
http://www.tuwien.ac.at/welcome_eng.html (Vienna University of Technology)
- Informal inquiries should be directed to Alexander Leitsch
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.