how to write port of GCC?

"M.Khaja Mohideen" <kpmkhaja@hotmail.com>
19 Mar 2002 16:20:57 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
how to write port of GCC? kpmkhaja@hotmail.com (M.Khaja Mohideen) (2002-03-19)
RE: how to write port of GCC? naveens@noida.hcltech.com (Naveen Sharma) (2002-03-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "M.Khaja Mohideen" <kpmkhaja@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 19 Mar 2002 16:20:57 -0500
Posted-Date: 19 Mar 2002 16:20:56 EST

hello,
My Project Is To Make Some Optimizations To An Existing Port Of Gcc For
Motorola Hc12 . I Have Found Out That I Have To Make Some Modifications In
The Files M68hc11.C , M68hc11.H And M68hc11.Md .
But The Problem Is The Definitions Given In Gcc Documentation About The
Maschine Descriptions And RTL Definitions Are Not Clear.

1 . I Dont Understand How The Definitions Given In The Maschine Description
Documenation Matches With Those Used In The M68h11.Md Files.
e.g. define_insn etc

2. then i dont understand how the compiler when it compiles the C program
uses the files mentioned above if i for instance mentioned the target as
-m68hc12 .

please give me some ideas to proceed i am stuck in this point now.

Best Regards
Khaja