C-Compiler blues

badboyanand@yahoo.com (Phaedrus)
17 Mar 2002 23:09:42 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C-Compiler blues badboyanand@yahoo.com (2002-03-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: badboyanand@yahoo.com (Phaedrus)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 17 Mar 2002 23:09:42 -0500
Posted-Date: 17 Mar 2002 23:09:42 EST

Dear Group
First post here!
I would like to design a C compiler as a college project.
Here are the design choices as they occur to me:-
1. I want my application to use host platform C libraries.
This 'll reduce the initial problem to only the front end
2. I want initially to parse the src code into 3 address code and
then generate assembly(AT&T/Intel) from it.While generating
assembly I want to use libraries mentioned in C.I'll try to do
it the gcc way.After all I'll be using their libraries.

Any ideas,suggestions,criticism will be eagarly lapped up.
Thank You

-Manu Anand
Delhi,India
[Writing an entire C compiler is a substantial project, even if you don't
write the libraries. -John]