Re: Ambiguous AST ? (VBDis)
11 Mar 2002 02:18:43 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Ambiguous AST ? (2002-03-09)
Re: Ambiguous AST ? (Ira D. Baxter) (2002-03-11)
Re: Ambiguous AST ? (Joachim Durchholz) (2002-03-11)
Re: Ambiguous AST ? (2002-03-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (VBDis)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 11 Mar 2002 02:18:43 -0500
Posted-Date: 11 Mar 2002 02:18:43 EST

(=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Nicol=E1s_Ojeda_B=E4r?=) schreibt:

>Now, Pascal's syntax is
>semantically ambiguous, in particular one cannot know if a identifier
>in an expression is a variable reference or a function call without

Leave it as a general "reference" (rval). It can be a direct reference
to a variable, constant, class member or property, or a function
call. I'd leave the code creation for such a reference to the
optimizer, which could replace function calls with inline code; at
least I'd appreciate if some of the stupid forwarders or procedural
replacements for C preprocessor macros would result in inline code in
optimized Pascal programs.