Re: Ann : Intentional Programming FAQ

Axel Kittenberger <axel@dtone.org>
11 Mar 2002 02:09:03 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Ann : Intentional Programming FAQ nojgoalbyspam@hotmail.com (John) (2002-03-09)
Re: Ann : Intentional Programming FAQ axel@dtone.org (Axel Kittenberger) (2002-03-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Axel Kittenberger <axel@dtone.org>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 11 Mar 2002 02:09:03 -0500
Posted-Date: 11 Mar 2002 02:09:02 EST

> Please go to the following site for the beginnings of a FAQ on Intentional
> Programming.
>
> http://www.omniscium.com/nerdy/ip/
>
> There is also a Yahoo Discussion Group for general discussion that needs
> more members!!!

Already subscriped :o)

Well I announced it already some months ago on this newsgroup, I'm working
since some months on sourceforge on a GPL project with similar goals.

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/babylon (checkout module is `babylon')

It has generally a more unix style approach than IP (my developer os is
linux). However progress is sooo depressing slow, and everything is in
early stages... (I've learned in the last years that life goes before these
hobbies...)

Basicly I concentrate on standard C as base language (for the beginning)

* I've a source server.
* A RPC based communication protocoll for clients to talk to the server.
(babcom)
* A code viewer using ncurses.
* A c-code generator (exporting)
* A xml-code generator (storing the data on disk)
* and a c parser in early stages.

Currently most of the precious time flows into the c parser, to import C
code that might countain grammar errors, without loosing any tokens, or
without altering the source is a tough task. The compiler sees the code
after the preprocessor, while the C code importer has to try to see the
structure without preprocessing the file first.

* I've currently NULL documentation.
* And NO webpage at all :( After all I need to have something before I can
present it :o)

Maybe if it goes on like this, in 5 or 10 years one can actually use it for
development :o)