Re: SSA Bibliography

Francois Thomasset <Francois.Thomasset@inria.fr>
9 Mar 2002 02:53:11 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
SSA Bibliography qg@nuclear.biodome.org (QuantumG) (2002-02-28)
Re: SSA Bibliography anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (2002-03-09)
Re: SSA Bibliography Gilles.Pokam@irisa.fr (Gilles Pokam) (2002-03-09)
Re: SSA Bibliography Francois.Thomasset@inria.fr (Francois Thomasset) (2002-03-09)
Re: SSA Bibliography sjmeyer@www.tdl.com (2002-03-09)
Re: SSA Bibliography chase@world.std.com (David Chase) (2002-03-09)
Re: SSA Bibliography gdm@gedamo.demon.co.uk (George Morrison) (2002-03-11)
SSA bibliography Jeremy.Singer@glasgow.ac.uk (Jeremy Singer) (2012-07-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Francois Thomasset <Francois.Thomasset@inria.fr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 9 Mar 2002 02:53:11 -0500
Posted-Date: 09 Mar 2002 02:53:11 EST

QuantumG <qg@nuclear.biodome.org> writes:
|> Can anyone direct me to where I might find a comprehensive
|> bibliography of papers or texts on SSA form? In particular I'm
|> interested in what optimisation techniques can be done in SSA form as
|> I am trying to minimize translation passes to/from SSA form.
|> Preferably one would like to do everything in SSA form and, although
|> at this point I have no idea how to do incremental updates of an SSA
|> intermediate form, I'm at a loss as to whether this is possible or
|> not. As such further reading is duely required.
|>
|> Trent Waddington
|> Codeplay / UK.

Here are some books with chapters on SSA and many bibliographic references:

Steven Muchnick
"Advanced Compiler Design and Implementation"
Morgan & Kaufmann, 1997

Michael Wolfe
"High Performance compilers for parallel Computing"
Addison-Wesley, 1996

Andrew Appel
"Modern Compiler Implementation in {ML,C,Java}
Cambridge University Press, 1998

But maybe you know them already. I'll be interested to know if there
is something more recent.

François Thomasset.
INRIA (A3)

Tel: +33 (1) 39-63-54-75
Fax: +33 (1) 39-63-53-30 ou +33 (1) 39-63-59-95
Email: Francois.Thomasset@inria.fr
Smail: INRIA, Rocquencourt, BP 105, 78153 Le Chesnay Cedex, France