Re: Incremental lexer implementation

"Ira D. Baxter" <idbaxter@semdesigns.com>
9 Mar 2002 02:48:49 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Incremental lexer implementation chenderson@iname.com (2002-02-28)
Re: Incremental lexer implementation idbaxter@semdesigns.com (Ira D. Baxter) (2002-03-09)
Re: Incremental lexer implementation maratb@CS.Berkeley.EDU (Marat Boshernitsan) (2002-03-09)
Re: Incremental lexer implementation idbaxter@semdesigns.com (Ira D. Baxter) (2002-03-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Ira D. Baxter" <idbaxter@semdesigns.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 9 Mar 2002 02:48:49 -0500
Posted-Date: 09 Mar 2002 02:48:49 EST

Incremental Lexer? No, he describes an incremental parser based on
Tomita (GLR) parsing technology.

If by "published an implementation" you mean "made the source code
available", no, I don't know of one, although you might track down
Susan Graham at Berkeley (his advisor) and ask if she knows, or if she
knows where Wagner went. I'd expect his original source code to
available since it is University work.

We have an implementation in our DMS Software Reengineering Toolkit,
that we intend to eventually use for incremental parsing. As of the
moment, we use it for batch parsing, and with several twists, for
pattern parsing of fragments of the source language.

--
Ira D. Baxter, Ph.D. CTO Semantic Designs, Inc.
http://www.semdesigns.com