Re: Homegrown java parser ?!?

"Peter H. Froehlich" <pfroehli@ics.uci.edu>
16 Feb 2002 01:09:23 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Homegrown java parser ?!? bat_fastard_2000@yahoo.com (bf.) (2002-02-06)
Re: Homegrown java parser ?!? pfroehli@ics.uci.edu (Peter H. Froehlich) (2002-02-16)
Re: Homegrown java parser ?!? clkfa32y4001@sneakemail.com (2002-02-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Peter H. Froehlich" <pfroehli@ics.uci.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 Feb 2002 01:09:23 -0500
Posted-Date: 16 Feb 2002 01:09:23 EST

Hi there!

On Wednesday, February 6, 2002, at 08:40 , bf. wrote:

> Our problem is how to proceed. How do we convert a series of tokens
> into a tree of language nodes ?

Short of guessing right all the time, you'll *have* to parse the
token stream to identify it's structure. :-) However, if you are
only concerned with Java, you might want to check out the Barat
framework:

        http://sourceforge.net/projects/barat

It provides a complete Java frontend that ends up with a tree
structure similar to the one you describe.

Several people in our research group have used Barat successfully,
although I hear that there can be a somewhat steep learning curve
to understand all it's fancy internals. :-)

Peter
--
Peter H. Froehlich []->[!]<-[] http://nil.ics.uci.edu/~phf/