Compiler positions available for week ending January 27

compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
28 Jan 2002 01:15:22 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending January 27 compilers@iecc.com (2002-01-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 28 Jan 2002 01:15:22 -0500
Posted-Date: 28 Jan 2002 01:15:22 EST

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:41:12 -0800
From: Renga Sundararajan <Renga.Sundararajan@trimedia.com>
Subject: VLIW Compiler Guru - position open - Milpitas, California

        Position Available

        TriMedia Technologies Inc is the VLIW (very long instruction word)
        technology leader. We develop and license VLIW processor and
        software technology used in a broad range of consumer digital media
        and networking appliances. TriMedia products include high performance
        VLIW CPU cores as well as supporting peripheral modules, SoC
        reference designs, software development tools, and application libraries.
        TriMedia's goal is to enable our partners to provide time-to-market
        system solutions for their target markets.

        Join the team of enthusiastic professionals creating the VLIW
        processor cores, software development tools and multimedia
        applications. Come help us realize the extraordinary potential
        of VLIW technology and share our commitment to building the
        future of media processors. We have the following position open
        in Milpitas, California.

        Senior Software Engineer - Compiler

        The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating
        and maintaining a top notch compiler for the TriMedia
        VLIW architecture family of processors.
        The Software Engineer will work in a team environment,
        and have primary responsibility for development
        and maintenance of optimizing C and C++ compiler
        and instruction scheduler for a family of VLIW processors.

        Requirements:

        * Education- MS in CS or EE required, PhD. preferred.
        * Experience- Candidate must have at least 5 years of industry
            experience in developing advanced C/C++ compilers, instruction
            schedulers.
        * Strong experience with compiler back-ends, global and local
            optimizations, register allocation, and instruction scheduling
            for super scalar/VLIW 32 and 64- bit architectures as well as
            experience with IEEE standard fixed point and floating point arithmetic.

        The following experience is a plus.
        * Experience in system programming, including start-up sequences for
            processors with and without MMU.
        * Experience in working with RTOS, such as pSOS, VxWorks and
            Linux.
        * Strong understanding of memory management, threads, interrupts,
            and exception handling.
        * Experience developing debuggers, linkers, profilers, simulators or
            similar tools.

        If you are interested, please send resumes to:

                  cooljobs@trimedia.com

        and cc renga@trimedia.com

        Renga Sundararajan
        Director, Software Engineering
        TriMedia Technologies
        840 McCarthy Blvd,
        Milpitas, CA 95035

-------------------------------

From: "Yonas Jongkind" <yonasj@smartt.com>
Subject: CA-BC-Vancouver Position Available, Compiler Design
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:15:35 -0800

We are looking for a clever individual who is Windows/Linux
indifferent, has a deep understanding of computing, and is interested
in making an impact on how things are done.

You will be programming in C, C#, Java, as well as a language that we
are building. Tasks to be completed include design, and construction
of new algorithms and processes to help with compiler design and
distributed computing. To find out more, please check out
http://www.goodue.com.

Some specific skills that we looking for are:
- C Programming
- Objective-C Programming
- Java programming
- Assembly Programming
- Systems Programming
- File System Writing
- Network or Client/Server Programming
- Database Programming

We are located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Please contact Yonas Jongkind, yonasj-res@goodue.com for more information.

Thanks.