XML -> XSLt -> interpreter : silly question ?

etienne@magic.fr (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Etienne_S=E9vin?=)
28 Jan 2002 01:09:54 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
XML -> XSLt -> interpreter : silly question ? etienne@magic.fr (2002-01-28)
Re: XML -> XSLt -> interpreter : silly question ? rkrayhawk@aol.com (2002-02-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: etienne@magic.fr (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Etienne_S=E9vin?=)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 28 Jan 2002 01:09:54 -0500
Posted-Date: 28 Jan 2002 01:09:54 EST

Hi you all ...

I need to extend a existing language I thought that it would be good
to make it evolve under a XML look.

current language xml/xsl like

BLOCK1 <newform:block1>
    IF SOMEVAR==2 <newform:if test="somevar==2">
    THEN <newform:eval
    ENDIF </newform:if>
END </newform:block1>

etc ...

I know very few about parsers/compiler/interpreter but I read sometime
that it used some 'optimized' data structures so I have 3 questions :

1- can I accomplish that or is that totally foolish ?
2- what steps do I need to analyze then interpret this model ?
2- where can I find good resources that can guide me through that high
level technics.

Thank you all !!!!