Re: Recommendations for lexer and parser generator

"Sean Wilson" <wilson@NOSPAMsmiley-face.freeserve.co.uk>
28 Jan 2002 01:02:48 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Recommendations for lexer and parser generator wilson@smiley-face.freeserve.co.uk (Sean Wilson) (2002-01-24)
Re: Recommendations for lexer and parser generator wilson@NOSPAMsmiley-face.freeserve.co.uk (Sean Wilson) (2002-01-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Sean Wilson" <wilson@NOSPAMsmiley-face.freeserve.co.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 28 Jan 2002 01:02:48 -0500
Posted-Date: 28 Jan 2002 01:02:47 EST

> [The obvious question is why write another scripting language when many
> good ones are freely available now. -John]

I only program as a hobby at the moment. I'm programming my own
scripting language just to gain experience and for evidence of my
programming skills.

Also, I think it would be quite fun to create my own toy language
which follows all the guidelines that I want it to :)

Regards,

Sean Wilson
www.smiley-face.freeserve.co.uk/programming/
[Oh, then in that case, I'd suggest reading the source code of some
existing interpreters for swell ideals to steal. -John]