Help with Grammar

Ian Upright <>
20 Dec 2001 00:48:23 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Help with Grammar (Ian Upright) (2001-12-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Ian Upright <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Dec 2001 00:48:23 -0500
Posted-Date: 20 Dec 2001 00:48:23 EST

I'm trying to build a parser to generate a simple tokenized tree of the
standard C grammar. I'm getting these errors "has no declared type" from
Bison, but I'm not quite sure what is wrong. Can anyone enlighten me?

Also any other tips or comments as to the approach I'm using to build this
simple tree?

Thanks, Ian

p.s. no, this is not a school assignment, I'm looking to use this parse tree
for my own purposes
[You need to declare the type of every symbol that's referenced as $$ or $n,
keeping in mind that if you don't write an action for a rule, yacc pretends
you wrote $$ = $1;