Re: Retargetable compilers book

Barry Watson <>
29 Nov 2001 22:51:32 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Retargetable compilers book (Rainer Leupers) (2001-11-26)
Re: Retargetable compilers book (Barry Watson) (2001-11-29)
Re: Retargetable compilers book (2001-11-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Barry Watson <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 29 Nov 2001 22:51:32 -0500
Posted-Date: 29 Nov 2001 22:51:32 EST

Rainer Leupers wrote:

> [Sounds like a swell book, but it's rather pricey, $105.00 for a 188
> page book. -John]

I bought his compiler optimizations for embedded systems book which
was a bit pricey as well. However, in my opinion it was worth it. Lots
of original work, not just a rehash of research papers written by
others. Every algorithm was explained with an example or two and he
had put in a few tables of experimental data which you don't often see
in books on compiler optimization.

Barry (no way connected to the author or publisher)