Symbol conflict in HashTable for variable (frigot eric)
14 Nov 2001 23:14:16 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Symbol conflict in HashTable for variable (2001-11-14)
Re: Symbol conflict in HashTable for variable (2001-11-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (frigot eric)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 14 Nov 2001 23:14:16 -0500
Posted-Date: 14 Nov 2001 23:14:16 EST

I Am Working On Javascript Grammar In Java, I Just Want To
Have All My Var In A Hashtable.
My question : What could be the best to do when i've got two
variable with the same name (perhaps they are in two different function or
something else...), i use the name of variable as key in my hashTable.

I don't know if i have to add something to this var :
true name : "varName".
in hashtable, if i ever have a var with the same name, i will put
a var with name "#1varName" for exemple.

But after, when a guy want to get a var named "varName", what i have to do ?
I should return a list, but is-it the good solution.
Another problem is that it could just be another soft who need this information.

For information, i can't use two or more Hashtables.

Thank you.
[I hope this isn't a homework assignment. -John]