Text Editor with Syntax Highlight ....

"Arcadius A." <ahouans@sh.cvut.cz>
5 Nov 2001 00:16:37 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Text Editor with Syntax Highlight .... ahouans@sh.cvut.cz (Arcadius A.) (2001-11-05)
Re: Text Editor with Syntax Highlight .... bettini@dsi.unifi.it (Lorenzo Bettini) (2001-11-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Arcadius A." <ahouans@sh.cvut.cz>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 5 Nov 2001 00:16:37 -0500
Posted-Date: 05 Nov 2001 00:16:37 EST

Hello !
I'm willing to write a little text editor in java ...
My Editor should be able to do a Syntax Highlight for PHP code( php is a web
scripting language having HTML and C language syntax...)
My Editor should also be able to check for errors (for instance , when a "{"
is typed , the code should be highlighted in red till a "}" is typed ... the
same so "(" , ")" , ";"an so on ...)

The trouble is that I don't really know where to start from ....
So , How can I do the syntax Highlight stuff in Java ?
and How to define the PHP language for the editor and how to check for
errors ?

I'm looking for links to tutorials , sample codes or advices...

Thanks in advance ....

Have a nice day !

Arcad.
[There's been a lot of work on syntax editors over the years. I'd
go to the library and see how people have solved this problem in the
past. -John]