Reference source for C-compiler validation?

jbredno@yahoo.de (J. Bredno)
5 Nov 2001 00:06:42 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Reference source for C-compiler validation? jbredno@yahoo.de (2001-11-05)
Re: Reference source for C-compiler validation? joachim_d@gmx.de (Joachim Durchholz) (2001-11-08)
Re: Reference source for C-compiler validation? loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de (Martin von Loewis) (2001-11-08)
Re: Reference source for C-compiler validation? axel@dtone.org (Axel Kittenberger) (2001-11-08)
Re: Reference source for C-compiler validation? zackw@panix.com (Zack Weinberg) (2001-11-08)
Re: Reference source for C-compiler validation? nmm1@cus.cam.ac.uk (2001-11-08)
Re: Reference source for C-compiler validation? ceco@no_smap_jupiter.com (Tzvetan Mikov) (2001-11-08)

From: jbredno@yahoo.de (J. Bredno)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 5 Nov 2001 00:06:42 -0500
Posted-Date: 05 Nov 2001 00:06:41 EST

Hello you all out there,

please excuse if this is a FAQ, I'd be glad if you could
point me to it if so.

Simple question, but I'm afraid the answer won't be so
simple:

Are there any widely accepted C and C++ source files that
can be used to validate a compiler? E.g., is there some
test for ANSI compliance or something similar?

Ideal would be a source that can only be compiled after
correcting a known list of errors that a compiler must
report (together with all warnings that should have been
issued) for an algorithm with known results so that the
validity of the created executable can be tested.

Thanks for your help,

    Joerg Bredno
[If you're willing to pay money, there are some nice test suites. If
not, you're going to get what you pay for. -John]