Re: Relational Database for Symbol Tables? Parsing Tables?

"Carsten Kuckuk" <ck@kuckuk.com>
23 Oct 2001 20:27:08 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Relational Database for Symbol Tables? Parsing Tables? awolfe_ii@yahoo.com (2001-10-20)
Re: Relational Database for Symbol Tables? Parsing Tables? ck@kuckuk.com (Carsten Kuckuk) (2001-10-23)
Re: Relational Database for Symbol Tables? Parsing Tables? rleddy@svn.net (2001-10-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Carsten Kuckuk" <ck@kuckuk.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 23 Oct 2001 20:27:08 -0400
Posted-Date: 23 Oct 2001 20:27:04 EDT

Andrew,

I have some experience in both fields - compiler construction and
databases. If I were in your shoes, I'd go to object-oriented
databases. This would safe you from writing mapping code for RDBs and
give you even a performance advantage over RDBs. Look at ObjectStore
(www.objectdesign.com) or one of their competitors (www.versant.com,
www.poet.com).

Disclaimer: I do applications programming with ObjectStore for a living.

Carsten Kuckuk