Re: Querying macro values while debugging

"jacob navia" <jacob@jacob.remcomp.fr>
23 Oct 2001 20:21:13 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Querying macro values while debugging srikanth@cup.hp.com (srikanth) (2001-10-20)
Re: Querying macro values while debugging jacob@jacob.remcomp.fr (jacob navia) (2001-10-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "jacob navia" <jacob@jacob.remcomp.fr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 23 Oct 2001 20:21:13 -0400
Posted-Date: 23 Oct 2001 20:21:13 EDT

The lcc-win32 debugger stores all the macro valmues as character string
constants and displays them.
To make this possible, the preprocessor was modified, to be ablme to furnish
the value of the macros to the compiler when emitting the debug information.
Then, the linker was modified to put all similar strings in a single record.
Then the debugger was modified to read those constant strings.

It is a very valuable add-on, and as far as I know, lcc-win32 is the only
compiler to do this.

http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32