Querying macro values while debugging

srikanth <srikanth@cup.hp.com>
20 Oct 2001 21:42:12 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Querying macro values while debugging srikanth@cup.hp.com (srikanth) (2001-10-20)
Re: Querying macro values while debugging jacob@jacob.remcomp.fr (jacob navia) (2001-10-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: srikanth <srikanth@cup.hp.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Oct 2001 21:42:12 -0400
Posted-Date: 20 Oct 2001 21:42:12 EDT

Are there debuggers out there that would allow a user to query the value
of a #defined constant ? I am aware that HP compilers support an option
in which macro values are preserved in a special table in the objects
files. This could then be used to answer queries.

How about other debuggers ? If they do support this, it would be
interesting to know what techniques are used for this purpose. Also I am
interested in hearing how valuable folks think this capability is.

Thanks
Srikanth