Re: Dragon book getting old? (preety good new text book)

sjmeyer@www.tdl.com (Steve Meyer)
10 Oct 2001 15:48:39 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Dragon book getting old? alankarmisra@hotmail.com (2001-10-06)
Re: Dragon book getting old? (preety good new text book) sjmeyer@www.tdl.com (2001-10-10)
Re: Dragon book getting old? (preety good new text book) nmm1@cus.cam.ac.uk (2001-10-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: sjmeyer@www.tdl.com (Steve Meyer)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 10 Oct 2001 15:48:39 -0400
Posted-Date: 10 Oct 2001 15:48:39 EDT

I recently have been using a pretty good modern book: "Modern Compiler
Design" by D. Grune, H. Bal., et. al. John Wiley and Sons, New York,
2000.

It covers a number of newer topics such as "functional programs",
"logic programs, and "parallel and distributed programs". I find book
to be quite good except I am not sure of their use of threaded trees
instead of 3 address tuples as intermediate code generation
representation. Although, it is possible I am misunderstanding how
their threaded trees work. /Steve

--
Steve Meyer Phone: (612) 371-2023
Pragmatic C Software Corp. email: sjmeyer@pragmatic-c.com