Re: Exception handling in MSIL (Fergus Henderson)
29 Sep 2001 10:56:46 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Exception handling in MSIL (2001-08-25)
Re: Exception handling in MSIL (2001-09-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: (Fergus Henderson)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 29 Sep 2001 10:56:46 -0400
Posted-Date: 29 Sep 2001 10:56:46 EDT (VBDis) writes:

>In the .NET IL several kinds of exception handlers exist. Amongst the usual
>Catch and Finally handlers also Filter and Fault blocks exist.
>My question simply is, which languages or constructs can require the usage of
>these additional error handling features?

The `__try' construct in Microsoft Visual C++, for example. For more
information, try a web search for "win32 structured exception handling".
Fergus Henderson <> | "I have always known that the pursuit
The University of Melbourne | of excellence is a lethal habit"
WWW: <> | -- the last words of T. S. Garp.