Re: Translate RTL/2 to high-level target language(s)

Leif Johansson <Leif.Johansson@emw.ericsson.se>
26 Sep 2001 00:45:07 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Translate RTL/2 to high-level target language(s) info@luyen.myweb.nl (2001-09-21)
Re: Translate RTL/2 to high-level target language(s) Leif.Johansson@emw.ericsson.se (Leif Johansson) (2001-09-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Leif Johansson <Leif.Johansson@emw.ericsson.se>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 26 Sep 2001 00:45:07 -0400
Posted-Date: 26 Sep 2001 00:45:07 EDT

"l.v.tran" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the earlier articles posted one has mentioned about porting RTL/2
> code to C-code. Roger Barnett at Natron Software Maintenance Ltd,
> York, England who was so helpfull to point out where one should be.
> Does anyone still know about the mentioned tool and/or do you have any
> experience with the porting of RTL/2 code? Any information about
> porting RTL/2 code to a high-level target language is welcome. My
> thanks in advance.

Hi,

A few years ago I was involved in a project translating a
cross-compiler written in RTL/2 into Ada83. We did that by analyzing
the languages and setting up guidelines for the translation, and then
manually translated the code.

It was a lot of work, but we did it, and the Ada code is still in use
and works fine.

Bye,
Leif Johansson