Re: metaprograms in gcc

"Aaron Gray" <>
11 Sep 2001 23:19:59 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
metaprograms in gcc (2001-09-11)
Re: metaprograms in gcc (Srineet) (2001-09-11)
Re: metaprograms in gcc (Aaron Gray) (2001-09-11)
Re: metaprograms in gcc (Douglas Gregor) (2001-09-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Aaron Gray" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 11 Sep 2001 23:19:59 -0400
Posted-Date: 11 Sep 2001 23:19:59 EDT

"Anil Kumar Tappetla" <> wrote in message
> Hi, does gcc use template programs to unroll loops in c++. which all
> compilers DONOT use metaprograms for loop unrolling. also, does gcc
> implement constant folding (it should,i guess).thanks.. anil.

Dear Anil,
        Just found this, looks good from the top, have not had a chance to look
at it yet :-

        Also there is another example of C++ Meta Template programming
that implements FFT, sin, cos, etc which I was looking for, I found it
on the web a while ago, after a friend gave me a copy some years ago.
I will post if I find it again.

        Also just browsing, found a simular article with factorial, fixed
size bubble sort, and sin :-

        And another which requires a login "zeroCode" :-

        this should all be on one line, Internet Explorer wraps !:)

Cannot find the original article, it is simular to the second link but
with much more depth, I will post it if I find it again. The second
link looks good, flow control and LISP like constructs. Cheers good

        Yours Sincerely,
                Aaron Gray