Re: [Q for GCC] : how to porting gcc to new target?

beroset@mindspring.com (Ed Beroset)
16 Aug 2001 23:56:59 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
[Q for GCC] : how to porting gcc to new target? tasi@emc.com.tw (tasi@emc) (2001-08-15)
Re: [Q for GCC] : how to porting gcc to new target? dosreis@cmla.ens-cachan.fr (Gabriel Dos Reis) (2001-08-16)
Re: [Q for GCC] : how to porting gcc to new target? loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de (Martin von Loewis) (2001-08-16)
Re: [Q for GCC] : how to porting gcc to new target? fjh@cs.mu.OZ.AU (2001-08-16)
Re: [Q for GCC] : how to porting gcc to new target? beroset@mindspring.com (2001-08-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: beroset@mindspring.com (Ed Beroset)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 Aug 2001 23:56:59 -0400
Posted-Date: 16 Aug 2001 23:56:59 EDT

"tasi@emc" <tasi@emc.com.tw> wrote:

>Hi, Greeting

>I am new user for gcc and I wonder how to porting the gcc to another
>target. For example, If I want a ARM gcc, where to get the first
>document? and what's my second? Actually, I wish to understand where
>can get the related document to porting gcc quickly!

I once looked into doing a port of gcc to the Mitsubishi M16C
processor but ultimately decided not to do the port. With that in
mind, here are some documents I found useful:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/readings.html (I can't seem to get the
"Porting GCC for Dunces" link to work, but that particular document
was *very* useful as an overview, even though the author warns that it
is somewhat out of date compared with the current version of gcc.)

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.0/gcc.html

Ed