Compiler positions available for week ending August 12

compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
15 Aug 2001 01:43:42 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending August 12 compilers@iecc.com (2001-08-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 15 Aug 2001 01:43:42 -0400
Posted-Date: 15 Aug 2001 01:43:42 EDT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: johnny.prewitt@antssoftware.com (Johnny Prewitt)
Subject: Compiler Engineer- ANTs Potentially Disruptive Technology
Date: 6 Aug 2001 14:49:07 -0700

ANTs Software, located on the SF Peninsula, in Burlingame, is
developing exciting data access acceleration technology. You can be
part of the team:

Job Title: Compiler Developer

Job Description: We have an impact opportunity for a senior engineer
experienced in developing compilers, assemblers, or linkers. You
should be very bright, creative, a self-starter, energetic and ready
to apply your passion for software development. You will build
compiler technology that is a key component of our very fast database
accelerator. This is an opportunity to work at the core of technology
that may disrupt the current data access paradigm.

Responsibilities:

· Modify an existing compiler/assembler/linker as necessary to support
new functions or machine architectures.
· As time permits, contribute to the development of other parts of the
ANTs database product.

Experience:

· C, C++ expertise (3 yrs) involved in major projects.
· Experience with developing a real world compiler, assembler, or
linker.
· On Solaris would be a big plus.
· Familiarity with SQL and/or ODBC desirable.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent background.
· Solaris/Sparc experience desired

Go to our website, www.antssoftware.com for more information. Or, just
email your resume to hr.web@antssoftware.com.

ANTs Software is an equal opportunity employer.

Principals only, no agencies please

-------------------------------

Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 11:46:44 -0700
From: Margaret Corids <margaret@sundayusa.com>
Subject: Job Posting New York

Compiler Engineer & Tools Developer Positions - NY

This Company is Building chip sets for PDAs and cell phones, DSP
compiler. Located In White Plains, New York, (1 hour from NYC) this
company is a solutions provider for the wireless market. Using a
unique combination of design methodology and proprietary hardware
design, company provides important leverage to broadband
communications companies. By focusing primarily on next generation
wireless and xDSL systems, high-speed broadband communications are
realized in efficient silicon implementations.Competitive salary,
opportunity for significant exposure. Seasoned management.

Needed: Compiler Engineers-Create tests, C programming, compiler test
engineer, test suites, compiler testing, linkers and assemblers.

For consideration please contact
Margaret Corids
Sunday & Associates
800-456-1344 Ext. 20
Margaret@sundayusa.com

Perm residents, green card holders and H-1 visa transfers only at this time.

Opportunity is constantly seeking
        those who will recognize it.
                                                                                - Mark Twain
Margaret Corids, Sunday & Associates, 800 456-1344 x20
P. O. Box 847, Petaluma, CA 94953
margaret@sundayusa.com, fax: 800 753-6788
visit us on the web: http://www.sundayusa.com

-------------------------------

Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 01:03:44 GMT
From: Sanjay Jain <sanjay@comp.nus.edu.sg>
Subject: Dean Search, School of Computing, National University of Singapore

Dean Search
School of Computing
National University of Singapore

The National University of Singapore is a comprehensive research
university. In 1998, the University established the School of
Computing to take international leadership in information technology.
The new School embraces a multi-disciplinary approach to teaching and
research. For the time being, it includes departments of Computer
Science and Information Systems.

Members of the School have achieved significant impact on their
professions. At various times, they have been members of the
editorial boards of the Journal of Logic Programming, the Journal of
Data and Knowledge Engineering, ACM Transactions on Modelling and
Computer Simulation, Information Systems Research, and MIS Quarterly,
and technical program committees of the Symposium on Discrete
Algorithms, International Conference on Logic Programming,
International Conference on Very Large Databases, ACM-SIGMOD
Conference, and the International Conference on Information Systems.
At the undergraduate level, the School offers majors in Computer
Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, and Communications
and Media. At the graduate level, the School offers coursework and
research degrees. Presently, the enrollment is over 2000
undergraduates, 70 professional masters students, and 250 research
students. International students comprise over a third of the
students.

The incumbent Dean of the School of Computing has been appointed Vice
Provost of the University. Accordingly, the University seeks to
appoint a successor as soon as possible. The Dean should have the
vision and energy to establish the School as an international centre
of excellence and the focal point for learning and scholarship in
information technology. The Dean should be an effective and inspiring
representative of the School within the University and to external
constituencies. He/she should qualify for appointment at the
professorial rank. This is an exciting opportunity for academic
entrepreneurship and leadership.

As the School continues to grow, the Dean may have the opportunity to
recruit a research team to support her/his own scholarship. The
University provides internationally competitive salaries as well as
expatriate benefits.

Please send applications and nominations to:
Dean's Search Committee
NUS School of Computing
3 Science Drive 2
Singapore 117543
Singapore
comsec@nus.edu.sg

For further information on the School, please refer to:
                                            http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/

Closing date: August 20, 2001

-------------------------------

Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:44:44 -0700
Subject: Dynamic Compiler Generation Opportunity (Vancouver)
From: Yonas Jongkind <yonasj@smartt.com>

If you are a thinker who would be interested in changing the relationship
between computers and people then please visit http://www.goodue.com/ and
check out our opportunities section.

We are looking for a programmer willing to work full time in our office in
Vancouver, BC, Canada. C, Java, MP3, CORBA, SOAP, XML, Assembler, COM, .NET,
Windows, UNIX, Linux, TCP/IP, self starter, motivated, friendly, team
worker, good communicator, etc are all recommended. You will be willing to
start working with us in September, 2001.

We are currently working on some common infrastructure similar to .NET
and JavaVM however, we are not implementing yet another byte code
system, but using new approaches inspired by the academic
community. And we are not dictating to people a programming style or
language, rather we are creating tools that allow people to do what
they want, how they want.

Things that influence us are Objective-C, Linux, Windows, Amiga, LISP,
OODBMS, academic papers, kayaking, hiking, Quake, Austin Powers, Open
Source, music and most of all creating world where computers just work.

In addition to a small team of brilliant people we have a great view of the
harbour, and a beautiful office and stuff.

At this time we are very rapidly developing a core that is too small to bear
many more developers and are keeping it closed. We expect to become an open
source project sometime in October.

Please see http://www.goodue.com/ for more information