Dynamic parser

marco <marco@crepido.com>
15 Aug 2001 01:40:58 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Dynamic parser marco@crepido.com (marco) (2001-08-15)
Re: Dynamic parser nr@labrador.eecs.harvard.edu (2001-08-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: marco <marco@crepido.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Aug 2001 01:40:58 -0400
Posted-Date: 15 Aug 2001 01:40:58 EDT

I'm trying to figure out how to build a dynamic parser but got stuck....

I need a parser that can be configured run-time to parse different
languages, or well... actually data in different text formats from
several business systems.

A kind of dynamic parser I suppose one could call it.

Using the normal lex/yacc approach is not enough as it requires me to
write a specification for each type of input and then compile this
into a parser. I need to have a run-time "engine" that takes a
specification in some form and knows from that specification in what
format the input is in and how to parse it.

Pointers in the right direction would be great.

thanks in advance...

/m at crepido dot com
[Parsers that can be defined or extended at runtime have been discussed
extensively in the past. -John]