Re: Compiler detection of buffer overflows

derek@knosof.co.uk (dmjones)
15 Aug 2001 01:06:52 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler detection of buffer overflows bje@air.net.au (Ben Elliston) (2001-08-08)
Re: Compiler detection of buffer overflows derek@knosof.co.uk (2001-08-15)
Re: Compiler detection of buffer overflows daw@mozart.cs.berkeley.edu (2001-08-15)
Re: Compiler detection of buffer overflows prener@watson.ibm.com (prener) (2001-08-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: derek@knosof.co.uk (dmjones)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Aug 2001 01:06:52 -0400
Posted-Date: 15 Aug 2001 01:06:50 EDT

Ben,

> I am seeking references to work in the area of static and/or dynamic
> detection and prevention of buffer overflows. Can anyone provide
> references (preferrably journal articles, as I am already conducting a
> search on the Web) to such work? Thanks,

I don't know if your references include:

D. Wegner, J. Foster, E. Brewer, and A. Aiken.
A First Step Towards Automated Detection of Buffer Overrun Vulnerabilities.
The 2000 Network and Distributed Systems Security Conference

A. GHOSH and T. O'CONNOR.
Analyzing Programs for Vulnerability to Buffer Overrun Attacks,
Reliable Software Technologies