Re: flex++ bison++

Antonio Bleile <>
8 Aug 2001 01:10:38 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
flex++ bison++ (Antonio Bleile) (2001-08-06)
Re: flex++ bison++ (Antonio Bleile) (2001-08-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Antonio Bleile <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 Aug 2001 01:10:38 -0400
Posted-Date: 08 Aug 2001 01:10:38 EDT

Antonio Bleile schrieb:
> Has somebody experienced these problems? What am I doing wrong? Please
> note that this happens on an IRIX machine (O2, newest OS version...).

Ups, sorry, I didn't know that this group is moderated...
I found the bug. I did not initialize a pointer to NULL,
under IRIX you have to do it explicitely. But now I noticed
that I have a memory leak in the parser.... Maybe it's again
my code causing this. Do you know of memory leaks within
flex++, bison++ ?

[I don't know of any memory leaks in bison, but I do know that it's
easy for parse action code to forget to free dynamically allocated
strings or bits of parse tree. -John]