Re: Prolog stack algorithm description

Peter Gammie <peteg@cse.unsw.EDU.AU>
30 Jul 2001 01:10:52 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Prolog stack algorithm description haberg@matematik.su.se (2001-07-27)
Re: Prolog stack algorithm description peteg@cse.unsw.EDU.AU (Peter Gammie) (2001-07-30)
Re: Prolog stack algorithm description haberg@matematik.su.se (2001-07-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Peter Gammie <peteg@cse.unsw.EDU.AU>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 30 Jul 2001 01:10:52 -0400
Posted-Date: 30 Jul 2001 01:10:49 EDT

Hans,

If you really want to get your mind around Prolog's execution algorithm, I
can only suggest you read:

Warren's Abstract Machine: A Tutorial Reconstruction
Hassan Ait-Kaci

http://www.isg.sfu.ca/~hak/documents/wam.html

There is a concise abstract machine model in an appendix. Even if you
don't make use of the instruction set, the explanation of the memory model
is very good.

regards,
Peter.