Re: ANNOUNCE: Tiny, a parser generator for context sensitive grammars

wb@vestein.arb-phys.uni-dortmund.de (Wilhelm B. Kloke)
30 Jul 2001 01:09:29 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
ANNOUNCE: Tiny, a parser generator for context sensitive grammars maurice@gittens.nl (Maurice Gittens) (2001-07-23)
Re: ANNOUNCE: Tiny, a parser generator for context sensitive gram eodell@c1220335-a.potlnd1.or.home.com (2001-07-27)
Re: ANNOUNCE: Tiny, a parser generator for context sensitive grammars wb@vestein.arb-phys.uni-dortmund.de (2001-07-30)
Re: ANNOUNCE: Tiny, a parser generator for context sensitive grammars joachim_d@gmx.de (Joachim Durchholz) (2001-07-30)
Re: ANNOUNCE: Tiny, a parser generator for context sensitive grammar maurice@gittens.nl (Maurice Gittens) (2001-08-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: wb@vestein.arb-phys.uni-dortmund.de (Wilhelm B. Kloke)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 30 Jul 2001 01:09:29 -0400
Posted-Date: 30 Jul 2001 01:09:27 EDT

>I dusted off my very rusty set theory and took a look at your paper, which
>is indeed interesting. However, I was wondering if you could give some
>examples of the sorts of constructs that are possible with dotted grammars
>which aren't possible (or are exceedingly difficult) in ordinary LALR
>grammars?

IMHO the a^nb^nc^n example is one such example. What I would like to see
is some explicit advice how to convert a YACC grammar to Tiny.

Some other thought is related to vanWijngarden 2level grammars. Could
Tiny be used to convert the Algol68 grammar given in the Revised Report
to a working parser?
--
Dipl.-Math. Wilhelm Bernhard Kloke
Institut fuer Arbeitsphysiologie an der Universitaet Dortmund