Giving yyparse() args / Yacc state?

"David J. Topper" <>
17 Jul 2001 23:29:49 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Giving yyparse() args / Yacc state? (David J. Topper) (2001-07-17)
Re: Giving yyparse() args / Yacc state? (2001-07-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "David J. Topper" <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 17 Jul 2001 23:29:49 -0400
Posted-Date: 17 Jul 2001 23:29:49 EDT

Hi folks,

I have a C application with various "objects." Yes, I'm using structs
and whatnot to do the same basic thing as C++. Anyhow, lets say
something like this:

struct obj {
        int val1;
        int val2;

and I want each object to be able to call yyparse() and have access to
its respective data. So I can have a little parser say things like:

(val1 > val2) | (va1 = val2)

and so on. But I don't want to have to mess with global variables if I
don't have to. One hack would be to reset a global "active_obj" to
point to the currently active object, but I'm wondering if I can set
things up like:

yyparse(obj *)

so that it can get passed in?

Advice / comments / etc ... appreciate. Please cc me via email if it's
not too much trouble.

Technical Director - Virginia Center for Computer Music
[yyparse doesn't take any arguments. It should, but it doesn't. If you
really want it to, you can easily post-edit the generated -John]