Keyword implemetation.

Thomas Fjellstrom <>
28 Jun 2001 23:53:18 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Keyword implemetation. (Thomas Fjellstrom) (2001-06-28)
Re: Keyword implementation. (Matthew J. Lockner) (2001-07-01)
Re: Keyword implemetation. (Christian Bau) (2001-07-02)
Re: Keyword implementation. (Alex Colvin) (2001-07-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Thomas Fjellstrom <>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 28 Jun 2001 23:53:18 -0400
Posted-Date: 28 Jun 2001 23:53:18 EDT

In a compiler/translator I've been writing I implemented
the Reserved/Key words with a sorted table and searched
using bsearch. I was wondering what every ones preference
was for implementing keywords? using the symbol table,
a method just like mine or something else all togeter?

Thomas Fjellstrom,,
[I've seen them put in the symbol table, put in a separate table to be
searched before the symbol table, or built into the lexer. -John]